The sea is a beautiful and calming environment but has its risks. We try to identify all off these in our working practices to ensure a safe enjoyable voyage for our clients.
- All vessels are licensed and inspected by the Marine Coastguard Agency and are licensed to operate 20 miles from shore.
- Skippers hold professional qualifications and undergo ongoing training by the company.
- Vessels undergo a safety check each day prior to sailing.
- The office receives daily weather forecasts from the Met Office and various other sources.
- We carry equipment well in excess of the legal requirements.
- We are fully insured with vessel and shore based public liability insurance of £5,000,000.
- The company has a written safety policy which includes detailed procedures for overdue boats etc
- At all times of sailings the vessel is in contact with the shore via radio and telephone. All conversations are logged as is the number and details of people on board.
- At all times a shore duty safety officer is established to act in case of an emergency.
- Skippers and crews undertake regular emergency drills.
- Personnel are put through RYA First Aid Courses.
- We make it compulsory for you to be fitted with lifejackets and will refuse boarding if you are intoxicated in any form
- Vessels carry emergency life rafts.
Site content ©A Bay To Remember 2015. Photography ©A Bay To Remember & Janet Baxter.
Registered in England & Wales 05918594. St. Dogmael’s, Pembs SA43 3EQ